Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Humblest Apologies for a Few Bad Apples...

Just a quick post about Rocket Upkeep.

When I started this blog 3 years ago, I wanted to keep it very open. Anyone could comment on here, no requirement to log in or register, no moderation.

Unfortunately, over the past few months I've had to do quite a bit of comment deletion to remove SPAM postings. (Apparently, my posts attract the "how would you like to make zillions in foreign markets?" crowd.) So, as of today, I'm moving to a CAPTCHA method of verifying comment posting authenticity. Still no need for registering, still no moderation.

I'll leave the CAPTCHA in place for a few months, but if that doesn't do it, I'll have to put in a registration policy. Apologies for the extra inconvenience folks.

...I now return you to your regular scheduled tech rants.

No comments: